Monday, May 19, 2014

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer reviewed!

Warmer weather has arrived and with it came the bug bites... so I found myself in Rite Aid (looking for some hydrocortisone cream) when I stumbled upon "Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer" on sale. For $2 I couldn't say no!  Impulsively and a little greedily I scooped it up in the shades "Pretty in Peach #115" and "Frozen Over #315". Now here I am (itch free) ready to tell you about my new nail swag!

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in #115 & #315

Color: 10 You can't see very well in this picture but Frozen Over is actually a sheer shimmery pale blue however,  I only tried Pretty in Peach (#115) but it was true to the bottle and absolutely stunning! 

Formula: 1 This polish is clumpy, streaky, full of air bubbles and separates after it's dried on the nail creating nasty little cracks!

Application: 5 The brush is a nice thickness but unfortunately that can't save this horror of a formula.

Staying Power: 1 After wearing the polish for one and a half days I'm already sporting little chips.

Overall I'm really disappointed in this line! It was a nightmare to apply due to the formulation. While I managed to get all the clumps that were trying desperately to emerge out I was not able to stop air bubbles from forming. When it comes to nails there are two things I can't stand. Number one is AIR BUBBLES. Number two is cracking polish. Sadly I've been left with both. The only reason I might use this again is the color of "Pretty in Peach" I've been looking so long for a good polish in that color and while I continue to look I might get desperate and crack it out again! As the old adage says "you get what you pay for" maybe next time I'll splurge! 

Have you guys tried this stuff? Have you found a petter bright, poppy peach? Let me know! 

xo Kara Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment