Friday, January 31, 2014

Beauty Faves

Experimenting with new looks has been an obsession of mine for as long as I can remember.  Naturally I'm always seeking new beauty products to keep up with my ever evolving style! While I love to test the beauty waters, there are a few products I always come back to. I decided to film a "Beauty Favorites" video and this is my corresponding blog post.  Read up!


Skin Care


  • Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser . Ask any derm what drugstore cleanser they recommend & I'm sure the answer is this one. Formulated for normal to oily skin types, who are sensitive to harsh products, you won't find any fragrance in this bad boy! Be warned you won't get a lather with this product but it does leave your skin squeaky clean (without a trace of makeup left).  
  • Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Night Cream. I've tried several nighttime moisturizers & I am absolutely in love with this one. While I tend to have normal to oily skin, I do get some surface dryness from time. With nightly use, not even surface dryness can touch my face! The texture is strange, with a slightly watery yet rich feel, but the refreshing sensation you experience after application is unparalleled. You won't find any fragrance, parabens or animal testing involved in this product. Natural ingredients make up 99% of this cream including aloe & rice extract! 
  • Kiehl's Creme de Corps Light-Weight Body Lotion. This lotion is a bit pricy but totally worth it. It's super light weight & absorbent leaving your skin instantaneously soft! Seriously, I think my hands owned the title of driest in the land but this lotion has ended that. I also love that it's fragrance free so it doesn't clash with my perfume!    
Hair Products


Batiste Dry Shampoo. Because I have color treated/fine hair i'm always looking for a good dry shampoo. I've tried all the fancy/pricy brands but Batiste is my fav! It's amazing at extending time between shampoos, which I love due to all the damage my hair suffers at the hands of dye, & it serves as an amazing styling tool to boost volume! In case you're wondering... my favorite scent is cheery but there are many to choose from!
  • Bumble and Bumble thickening hairspray. Not only is this hairspray non aerosol it HOLDS your style! It's totally heat and sweat proof! I love it for my blunt bangs & as a nice bonus it smells great!  

Makeup

 





  • Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. My main skin problem is redness & this BB cream is just enough coverage to even out my skin tone without looking cakey. It's light as air, non greasy, moisturizing & it has an SPF 35 which is prefect for my pasty face! How could you not love a product that does all that in one step? 
  • Smashbox High Definition Concealer. I didn't include this in my favorites video due to time but it's certainly worth a mention. While my BB cream is great most days, I do get a spot or two from time to time. On my spotty days nothing beats this lovely concealer + I use it daily to eliminate the dark under eye circles that I'm prone to. 
  • Cover FX Bronzed in Pink Topaz. Unfortunately since posting my favorites video I've discovered that this blush appears to be discontinued. It was a beautiful dusty rose color with a subtle shimmer & I will definitely be scrambling to find a replacement when I run out.
  • Maybelline Expert Eyes Expert Wear Twin Brow & Eye Pencils. I only use this as a brow pencil (I don't recommend it as an eyeliner!) & a wonderful brow pencil it is! Blonde is the shade I use. It's a subtle ash blonde which I love because so many light brow pencils are way to warm/red for my taste. One of my pet peeves are brows filled in with a warm/redish shade! Another nice bonus is how cheap it is & it comes with two in a pack! 
  • Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 13. This is perfect on days when I have zero time for my makeup but I need to look fab. Once you apply this it's not going anywhere, seriously I have to fight to get it off! They have so many colors but 13 is my go to. I love to wear it alone with some mascara and a bold lip! 
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara. Unlike most mascaras you don't have to choose between length or volume! This one truly gives you both without looking clumpy or spidery. With the special domed brush, equipped with bristles on the tip, you can easily reach every lash! 

P.S.  Make sure to watch the corresponding video HERE  to see some bonus faves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment