Thursday, January 16, 2014

Target Haul - Written Review

For those of you who prefer the written word, I've whipped up a little review for you! Here are the products I will be talking about & the links to buy them.
In the packaging! 

"Endless Silky Eye Pen" swatches.

I have to start the off by saying I am usually not a fan of pen eyeliner. I use pot or liquid liners, so I went into this purchase very skeptically. Not going to lie, I am eating my words right now! This liner is so buttery and smooth! All that's needed to get a gloriously smooth line is a whisper of a swipe across the lash line.  At this point you may be thinking "That's fine and good but there is no way this liner would last". If that's the case you are wrong. Having oily eyelids I was convinced within 20 minutes I would look a smudgy mess. After an entire days wear I had to work hard to get this stuff off! This product is deffo a new favorite! Here's the verdict in numbers.

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen Kit

  • Pigmentation: 10
  • Colors: 10
  • Ease of application: 10
  • Staying power: 10 
  • Value: 10  ($25 for 5 eyeliner pens and a sharpener) 


Moving on...
Pixi Tinted Brilliance Lip Balm

Craving Coral 

     Rosy Red  

Don't be fooled my the word "balm" in the title. These little suckers pack a pigmented punch! Going into this purchase I expected very sheer color but that is certainly not the case. What you see in the tube is pretty much what you get on your lips. It is moisturizing so the balm claim isn't entirely unfounded + it smells and tastes amazing (like mint).  In terms of longevity I'd say this stacks up about average. Overall all I'm happy with this purchase but it's definitely not the whisper of color that I expected, which is not entirely a bad thing... just unexpected! 

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm (in "Rosy red" and "Craving Coral") 
  • Pigmentation: 10 
  • Taste/Feel: 10
  • Color: 10
  • Staying Power:
  • Overall Value: 4 ($14 each) 

On to the next! 
Studio Bronzer 

Unfortunately I don't have very much good to say about this product.  On, the color lacked any luster and was just generally unflattering. I tried this out many times in an effort to get it to work for me. Without fail I came out looking dirty, orange or not able to see the color at all! The price point is very low so I can't complain too much but I will not be purchasing this again. 

e.l.f Studio Golden Bronzer 
  • Pigmentation: 2
  • Shade: 3
  • Staying power:
  • Value: 10 ($3) 



Next up
e.l.f Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick

Left swatch "Forest Nymph" Right Swatch "Rock Out"



I hate to be the bringer of bad news but this was another dud! Having never tried eyeshadow in stick form I was so excited to try it out.  On the positive side the colors are beautiful and true to the tube. Sadly, the good news ends here.  Applying this was a nightmare! You have to apply so much pressure to get this bad boy on! If you couldn't guess, the sensation of pressing and rolling a stick over your eyeballs is very creepy! Once it's actually on don't get two excited! Even with primer and setting spray the product only stayed on for a maximum of 20 minutes before creasing and running!! At only $2 what could you expect? shrug*

e.l.f Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick (in "Forest Nymph" & "Rock Out")
  • Pigmentation: 2
  • Shades: 10
  • Ease of application:
  • Staying power:
  • Value: 5 ($2 each. It's so cheap normally the value would be 10 but the quality is too poor)
Lets more on. Shall we?
Master Smoky in "Smoking Charcoal"

By now we all know I'm wary of eye pencil but Maybelline's Eye Studio "Master Smoky" is another exception! You won't ever get a precision line with this guy but you will get is a fab smoky look.  I love the little sponge designed to perfectly smudge the thick line this pencil creates. With the afore mentioned (perfectly sized) sponge you will get flawless rock'n roll peepers in no time! It's so easy to glide on and once you've got it smudged to perfection it's not going anywhere. I wore this all day and not a crease, or a smudge I didn't originally create, showed up! 

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky (in "smoking charcoal")
  • Pigmentation: 9
  • Color:
  • Ease of application: 8
  • Staying power: 10
  • Value: 10 ($6.99) 

Last but not least
Shimmer Strips Bronzer, Blush & Eyeshadow 


This little guy is a lovely, shimmery, subtle bronzer that can also double as eyeshadow! Just swipe through all the colors evenly with your brush for a discrete bronzy glow, or dip your brush in just one color for a little lid glam. The reason I purchased this was for use as a bronzer. As I'm extremely pale the subtlety works brilliantly for me. If you have dark skin this shade (in equal parts) will be way to light for you. That being said you do have some wiggle room if you concentrate on swiping your brush mostly through the dark side. You can also use the lighter colors as a highlighter!  

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer Blush & Eyeshadow (in "Waikiki Strip/Peach Glow Bronzer) 
  • Pigmentation: 5
  • Color: 10 
  • Ease of application: 10 
  • Staying power: 10
  • Value: 5 ($11.99) 


This concludes my written Target haul review! If you prefer to watch me talk about all of this click HERE to watch my review. Let me know in the comments what you think of these products!

xo Kara Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment